About the Blog

Monday, February 15, 2016

Fluteiful Lifehacks

Clothing
  • Target will frequently sell long, plain black skirts that are perfect for concerts. They are about $8-10 each, VERY comfortable, and they are machine washable. This is good for anyone who has to deal with open-ended concert attire, particularly college students. This lifehack can also benefit middle and high school students whose parents do not want to spend a lot on concert clothes.
  • For assigned concert attire, wear a small accessory (if your director allows it) to personalize your look. My favorite is a gold flute necklace. 
Makeup
  • Benetint is how I get red lips that don't rub off on my flute. It also makes a good red blush and it is made of rose petals. You can apply more coats to get redder lips.
  • I use brown eyeshadow to contour my nose to create a more sculpted look. This strategy is good for high school students (and even some middle school students) whose parents don't allow them to get much makeup and for college students who don't want to waste their money on nose shadow.
 In General
  • Dress like your piece. Adding a visual element to your music makes you seem more professional. The only "Don't" I have regarding this "Don't wear a beehive updo in an ensemble setting." 





3 comments:

  1. What I usually do for my concerts is a pair of Black dress pants and either a button up white dress shirt or another formal white shirt that I happen to have and a ponytail because I'm in percussion and we don't have much room in the back and we're constantly running around in between songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ponytails are always a good concert hairstyle. I like dressing mine up with rose braids, various hair elastics, and curling my hair.

      Delete
    2. I usually wear a black and/or white hair elastic but my hair is too short to do anything else except for little braids I will occasionally do but more if I'm doing a cosplay or something like that.

      Delete